Saturday, 25 June 2016

Error in event item:saved when migrating old WFFM items by Razl

Last time when I was upgrading another website from version 6.5 to 8.1, I have faced the problem with WFFM forms. I was transferring all content from old database to new one, using Razl. Almost everything went OK, but WFFM Form items.

The error I got, was rather misterious:



18684 11:12:39 ERROR One or more exceptions occurred while processing the subscribers to the 'item:saved' event.
Exception[1]: System.FormatException
Message[1]: Unrecognized Guid format.
Source[1]: mscorlib
   at System.Guid.GuidResult.SetFailure(ParseFailureKind failure, String failureMessageID, Object failureMessageFormatArgument, String failureArgumentName, Exception innerException)
   at System.Guid.TryParseGuid(String g, GuidStyles flags, GuidResult& result)
   at System.Guid..ctor(String g)
   at Sitecore.Analytics.Data.TrackingField.<>c__DisplayClass21.<get_Events>b__20(XElement e)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectEnumerableIterator`2.MoveNext()
   at Sitecore.Analytics.Data.TrackingField.ValidateLinks(LinksValidationResult result)
   at Sitecore.Links.ItemLinks.AddLinks(Field field, List`1 links, ItemLinkState linkState)
   at Sitecore.Links.ItemLinks.GetLinks(ItemLinkState linkState, Boolean allVersions, Boolean includeStandardValuesLinks)
   at Sitecore.Links.SqlLinkDatabase.UpdateItemVersionReferences(Item item)
   at Sitecore.Links.ItemEventHandler.OnItemSaved(Object sender, EventArgs args)
   at Sitecore.Events.Event.EventSubscribers.RaiseEvent(String eventName, Object[] parameters, EventResult result)


18684 11:12:39 ERROR Razl service error
Exception: System.AggregateException
Message: One or more exceptions occurred while processing the subscribers to the 'item:saved' event.
Source: Sitecore.Kernel
   at Sitecore.Events.Event.EventSubscribers.RaiseEvent(String eventName, Object[] parameters, EventResult result)
   at Sitecore.Events.Event.RaiseEvent(String eventName, Object[] parameters)
   at Sitecore.Events.Event.RaiseItemSaved(Object sender, ItemSavedEventArgs args)
   at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   at Sitecore.Data.Engines.EngineCommand`2.RaiseEvent[TArgs](EventHandler`1 handlers, Func`2 argsCreator)
   at Sitecore.Data.Engines.EngineCommand`2.Execute()
   at Sitecore.Data.Engines.DataEngine.SaveItem(Item item)
   at Sitecore.Data.Managers.ItemProvider.SaveItem(Item item)
   at Sitecore.Data.Managers.PipelineBasedItemProvider.ExecuteAndReturnResult[TArgs,TResult](String pipelineName, String pipelineDomain, Func`1 pipelineArgsCreator, Func`1 fallbackResult)
   at Sitecore.Data.Managers.PipelineBasedItemProvider.SaveItem(Item item)
   at Sitecore.Data.Items.ItemEditing.AcceptChanges(Boolean updateStatistics, Boolean silent)
   at Sitecore.Data.Items.EditContext.Dispose()
   at HedgehogDevelopment.Razl.Service.RazlService.SetItemDetails(Guid accessGuid, String database, Guid itemId, ItemDetails itemDetails)

It was really confusing for me. Later, I realized that it was caused by value of field Tracking in Personalization section. In my old database the value was:

<tracking>
   <event name="Field Changed" />
   <event name="Field Completed" />
   <event name="Field Not Completed" />
   <event name="Field Out of Boundary" />
   <event name="Invalid Field Syntax" />
</tracking>

In new version those events need an id parameter, not only name.

I decided to prepare that items by hand and put them in Sitecore package. I really wanted to make it all automated, but on the other hand, that solution wasn't really bad.

So I prepared that field in a way like this (Tracking field in 8.1 is in Advanced section):

<tracking>     <event id="{AA3AE715-E87D-4B4D-80C7-4290546F770F}" name="Field changed" />     <event id="{F0113A93-570A-4F69-8C7C-BA08037D1E34}" name="Field Completed" />     <event id="{7E86B2F5-ACEC-4C60-8922-4EB5AE5D9874}" name="Field Not Completed" />     <event id="{F3D7B20C-675C-4707-84CC-5E5B4481B0EE}" name="Field Out of Boundary" />     <event id="{844BBD40-91F6-42CE-8823-5EA4D089ECA2}" name="Invalid Field Syntax" /> </tracking>

And it works :)


Share it:

Radosław Kozłowski - Senior Sitecore Developer Radosław Kozłowski

Author & Editor

Senior Sitecore Developer and Team Leader with over 4 years experience

0 comments:

Post a Comment